Blitzkrieg Commander is an exciting wargame that allows you to re-create battles of the Second World War and Spanish Civil War using miniatures on a tabletop. Command anything from a company right up to a division and get a result in 2-3 hours without becoming bogged-down in detail. Suitable for any scale miniatures from 2mm right up to 28mm (including 6mm, 1/285, 10mm, 12mm, N Scale, 15mm and 20mm) and no re-basing required.
The rules come as a 120-page A4-sized book (either a print-on-demand monochrome book or a full-colour electronic PDF document) with over 50 pictures that illustrate how to play the game. These feature real miniatures as you see them on the gaming table not diagrams that belong in a physics textbook! You also get a double-sided A4-sized quick reference sheet. This is the 3nd printing of the game (dated 2006), released on 22nd January 2007 and contains the ammendments from the 2nd Print Errata, plus an updated FAQ, both available from the Downloads area of the site. The ammendments are a handful of stat changes to the army lists, so nothing major.
The game can be played at one of two levels: 1 base = 1 Platoon (the scale the game was designed for) or 1 base = 1 Squad or Individual Vehicle. The ground scale is 1cm = 20m or 1cm = 10m respectively. One turn represents up to 30 minutes of real-life action.
Read all about the new game that was released at the end of 2009.
The main features of the game include:
- command system that emphasizes the fog of war in a simple but effective manner
- the same mechanism for casualty resolution throughout
- rules for infantry, tanks, recce, artillery, aircraft, engineers, fortifications & weather
- flexible figure ratio meaning a base of infantry represents either a section or a platoon
- minimal set-up time - simply assemble your forces and play
- unique points system that allows for unequal forces but an equal chance of victory
- 43 well presented army lists for 18 nations covering 15 theatres of war
- 15 generic scenarios suitable for any nation & theatre plus a simple campaign system
- suitable for solo, 2-player & multi-player games at home, club, or tournament
- one double-sided quick reference sheet included
- no supplements - all you need to play in one book
- Spanish Civil War: Spain 1936-39 (Nationalists, Republicans)
- World War Two: Early Far East 1937-41 (Japan, Russia)
- World War Two: Poland 1939 (Germany, Poland, Russia)
- World War Two: Finland 1939-40 (Finland, Russia)
- World War Two: Norway 1940 (Germany, Norway)
- World War Two: France & The Low Countries 1940 (Belgium, Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands)
- World War Two: North Africa 1940-42 (Britain & Commonwealth, Germany, Italy)
- World War Two: Balkans 1941 (Britain, Germany, Greece, Italy, Yugoslavia)
- World War Two: Early Eastern Front 1941-42 (Germany, Hungary, Rumania, Russia, Spain)
- World War Two: Far East 1941-45 (America, Britain & Commonwealth, Japan)
- World War Two: Tunisia 1943 (America, Britain & Commonwealth, Germany, Italy)
- World War Two: Mid Eastern Front 1943 (Germany, Hungary, Rumania, Russia, Spain)
- World War Two: Italy 1943-45 (America, Britain & Commonwealth, Germany, Italy)
- World War Two: Late Eastern Front 1944-45 (Germany, Hungary, Rumania, Russia)
- World War Two: Western Europe 1944-45 (America, Britain & Commonwealth, Germany)
- Hugues Molto, Fédération Française de Jeu d’Histoire March 2008
- Warning Order, Issue 14 May 2006
- Frank Moeller, Wargames Illustrated, Issue 222 April 2006
- Andrew Finch, SOTCW Journal, Issue 52 Winter 2005
- Paul Darnell of Touching History September 2005
- Milihistriot April 2005
- Vae Victis Magazine, Issue 61 March-April 2005
- Bart Vetters, Tiny Tin Men December 2004
- Olaf Meys, Mainly 28s Late 2004
- James Shields, Miniatures Atlas October 2004
- Andy Saunders at Wargames.co.uk September 2004
- Mal Wright August 2004
- Colin D. Speirs on TotalModel.com August 2004
- Neil Fawcett at The Wargames Journal April 2004
- Rich Jones at The Wargames Journal April 2004
Tell Me More!
As you can see, you get a lot for your hard earned cash. Blitzkrieg Commander is a complete game system with no need to spend more on additional supplements as it's all included in this book - the only other things you'll need are some dice, miniatures and a table to play on. So are you interested?
Blitzkrieg Commander is fully supported on this web site. Please visit the downloads area of the site to see the documents that are available. These include the latest errata, FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and additional rules, together with scenarios, OOBs (Orders of Battle) and player contributions.